Skip to Content Skip to Footer Accessibility Concerns

Open Enrollment

Aerial view of Surprise
Arizona state law allows students to apply for admission to any state public school, based on available classroom space. Open Enrollment applications are approved on a year-by-year basis with no guarantee of continued enrollment. While most campuses in the Dysart Unified School District will have space for Open Enrollment students, some campuses will have closed enrollment because of growing student populations. Students are expected to demonstrate successful academic, attendance and behavior standing.  As an open enrolled student, it is important that these standards be adhered to in order to maintain open enrollment status. Click here for Policy: Section 10.12 - Open Enrollment

Any family in Arizona may apply for Open Enrollment into a Dysart school. For this reason, the state is considered among the leaders in the country for educational choice.

Open enrollment applications are only available on-line via the Dysart website. In the event you do not have online computer access, you may utilize a computer at any of the Dysart Unified School sites or the front lobby of the Dysart District Office in order to submit your application online.  At this time, parents/guardians whose student(s) are currently open enrolled at the school of their choice, will not need to reapply for Open Enrollment for a new school year unless wanting to enroll in a new school outside of their residential boundary area.

For further questions regarding Open Enrollment, contact
[email protected]




2021-2022 Application >>

Application for the 2021-2022 school year, including  Freedom Traditional Academy and Asante Preparatory Academy. 


Process and Instructions >>

Before applying, please ensure you read all instructions and frequently asked questions.