Welcome to the Dysart Unified School District Records, Information Management (RIM) & Archives Department.
The Records Management department is responsible for providing internal and external customers with an accurate and reliable information/records management system that creates, maintains and archives school system according to local, state and federal guidelines.
Please click on one of the links below for your type of records request:
Legal Requests for Records
- All subpoenas
- Any other legal/risk management related requests
For the above listed legal requests types or any other legal/risk management inquiries, please contact the Legal/Risk Management liaison, Mary Simmons via email at email@example.com
(preferred) or call 623-876-7024. Or you may visit the Legal department
website or Risk Management department
website for more information.
(Back to top)
Public Records Requests
- HR/Personnel records (you are a current or former employee of the District)
- District Financial records
- Commercial requests for student information*
*Due to strict compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act law (FERPA), please be advised that Dysart Unified School District does not grant requests for student directory information
for commercial purposes.
Click Here for Public Records Request Information
(Back to top)
- For employment verifications that includes salary information, contact the Payroll & Benefits team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For certificated employment verifications or verification of experience, contact the Human Resources department directly at email@example.com
Student Records Requests
Please carefully read the following pertinent information to avoid delays in fulfilling your request:
- Currently enrolled (Active) and Inactive or Graduated Students - Less than 4 years from the date of last attendance
- Student Education and Health Records (non-special education) are all stored at the last school of attendance.
- Students who have left the school district - Inactive/Graduated More than 4 years from the date of last attendance
- Student Records (non-special education) are sent to and stored at the District level RIM & Archives department.
- Archived student records only contain permanent records in accordance to the Arizona State student records retention schedule used at the time of archive.
- Birth certificates are not part of a student's permanent record.
- Copies of any original immunization documents are not part of a student's permanent record.
- Special Note During School Breaks
- All Schools, including the school offices are closed for:
- Fall Break
- Winter Break (all district-wide departments, including RIM & Archives are closed during winter breaks)
- Spring Break
- Summer Break - first five (5) weeks - only from June through the 1st week of July.
- Please make arrangements to request records from the school before or after these breaks.
- Contact the schools directly for school office holiday/break closure dates and times.
- High School Diplomas
- Dysart does not keep copies of high school diplomas nor can diplomas be reordered. If you need proof of high school graduation, a transcript will suffice as proof of graduation in lieu of a diploma.
- Transcript Requests by current students, alumni, or parents/guardians
- All transcripts must be requested through Parchment.
- Desert Moon Elementary School Student Education Records (2008 - 2012)
- All Desert Moon Elementary permanent student records are securely stored in Archives. Requests for education records of former students of Desert Moon Elementary can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children's education records. Parents should understand that their rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a postsecondary school at any age. FERPA gives parents and eligible students these basic rights:
- The right to insect and review the student's education records maintained by the school;
- The right to request that a school amend the student's education records;
- The right to consent in writing to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from the student's education record, except under certain permitted situations;
- The right to file a complaint with the Family Compliance Office (FPCO) regarding an alleged violation under FERPA.
- Please click here for further guidance on FERPA
Click Here for Student Records Request Information
(Back to top)
- 8th Grade to 9th Grade Promotion Proof
- Dysart does not issue promotional certificates. The information regarding promotion from eighth grade to ninth grade will appear on the student's report card.