The purpose of assessment is to improve student achievement.
- Enables teachers to make instructional decisions for students
- Enables leaders to make program decisions for improvement
Assessment is based on instructional content/skills taught.
- Measures progress of students for College and Career Ready standards
- Measures high level (critical thinking skills) that have been taught and practiced
- Measures significant content
- Measures information that cannot be “Googled”
- Leaders of learning are accountable for student learning.
- Assessments will be developed in alignment with curricular expectations for Cambridge, the Arts Academy and other academies as needed.
Assessment is a component of the Teaching and Learning Cycle.
- Formative assessments are created at the teacher level (PLC).
- Students should not be over-tested.
- On-going professional development for creating formative assessments is needed.
Assessment measures learning in a variety of ways.
- Performance based, short answer, written response, oral response as well as multiple choice items are important