The Office of Research and Achievement supports the mission, strategic goals, and learning philosophies of the Dysart Unified School District (DUSD) as set forth by the Governing Board. This is accomplished through the provision of empirical research, analytic services, statistical information, information system design, and professional capacity building in a timely, accurate and objective manner.
With the organization, the Office of Research and Achievement will be recognized as the preeminent source for objective, reliable, and valid information related to student learning and organizational effectiveness and be a leader in the organizations good-to-great transformation as evidenced by superior student learning.
Across professional cadres, the DUSD Office of Research and Achievement will be recognized locally, regionally, and nationally as designing and implementing world-class evidenced-based systems which support teachers in their use of information to improve instruction and enhance student learning.
Value # 1: Learning occurs at the intersection of one child and one teacher.
The DUSD Office of Research and Achievement exists for the primary purpose for ensuring the success of each and every student. A core value of the Office is the recognition that this process of learning occurs at the intersection of one child and one teacher. As such, all activities will be focused on enhancing this relationship.
Value # 2: Great Organizations make Great Decisions. Great decisions require Great Understandings. Great Understandings require Great Information.
Value # 3: Integrity
A core value of the Office of Research and Achievement is a relentless commitment to developing data/information sets which are highly reliable in their measure and valid in their relevance.
A core value of the Office of Research and Achievement is the total commitment to providing objective, factual, and transparent information to all stakeholders which are based on the highest standards of scientific research, analytic methods, informed evaluation, and unbiased judgment.
On-Going Departmental Goals and Objectives
The Office of Research and Achievement will
- Provide on-going data analysis and information to decision makers at all levels of the organization regarding student learning and related program/process effectiveness
- Design, implement, and manage organization-level student information systems which inform directly on student learning and instructional efficacy through use of objective, reliable, and valid information
- Design and implement an on-going program of professional capacity building in the areas of data literacy, data driven decision making, and the application of data/information in the instructional improvement planning process and its related environs
- Working closely with the IT Department, assist in the design and construction of an organizational data warehouse regarding any/all data/information on student learning including the design of systems related to the access, reporting, and utilization of this resource by stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Articulate and implement an original research agenda on a broad range of topics impacting organizational activities and effectiveness
- Participate in and contribute to the on-going development of the organizations mission, vision, values, and the related articulation of strategic goals and objectives
- Participate in a wide variety of local, state, and national educational policy initiatives, technical/advisory groups, and related education reform initiatives
- Participate in and contribute to local, state, and national academic/scholarly conferences