Skip to Content Skip to Footer Accessibility Concerns
Middle school volleyball team posing for camera after winning championship

Tax Credit

You can support Dysart schools and receive a dollar-for-dollar state tax credit.  Choose one of the four categories and a school to support, and 100% of your donation goes to the category and school of your choice.

What is a tax credit?

Arizona Law (ARS 43-1089.01) allows married couples filing jointly a tax credit of up to $400 and individual taxpayers a tax credit of up to $200 when they contribute to extra-curricular activities in public schools. This tax credit is available to all who reside in Arizona and have a tax liability at least equal to that of their donation.  You do not have to be a parent of a child in a Dysart school to benefit from this law. Corporations are not eligible.  Contributions are donated directly to the schools.  This means your donations are used directly to support student activities of the Dysart school of your choice.   Donations may be submitted through April 15, 2024.

To claim the tax credit, taxpayers must contribute to an extra-curricular activity for which the school district requires a fee or funds to operate the program.  Extra-curricular activities are optional, noncredit educational activities that are offered before, during or after school hours.  Examples include enrichment activities, athletic and music programs, and after school clubs.  These programs depend on fees from students.  The Governing Board has approved a fee schedule, which designates the appropriate extra-curricular programs.

For purpose of claiming Arizona's tax credit for contributions made or certain fees paid to a public school, the Arizona Department of Revenue now requires that taxpayers report the school's  County code, Type of Code, and District Code & Site Number (CTDS) number on the  Arizona income tax return for any contributions or fees made on Form 322. The CTDS is a nine(9) digit number that the Arizona Department of Education uses to identify Arizona public and charter schools. To find the CTDS number for a public school in Arizona, please visit the Arizona Department of Education's webpage at

How do I receive my tax credit?

Please do the following if you would like to receive the tax credit:

  • Complete the Arizona Tax Credit Contribution form on the front of this page.  Attach your check made payable to Dysart Unified School District.  Please be sure to designate which school you wish to support.
  • Indicate on the response form how you would like your donation to be used.  You may choose from the following four categories - School May Designate, Athletics, Fine Arts, or Enrichment Programs.  If you have no preference, you may choose the category School May Designate.
  • You can make your contribution in person at any Dysart school or mail the form to the address below.  Upon payment, a pre-numbered receipt will be given or mailed to you for tax reporting purposes.  Please place this form with your other tax preparation documents.

Can I mail my check and request form?

Mail your check with the Tax Credit Program form to:

Dysart Unified School District No. 89 

Attn: Tax Credit Program 

15802 North Parkview Place Surprise, Arizona 85374 

Call the Dysart Community Education Department at (623) 876-7386 for more information.