Dysart District Goals
The following district goals were adopted by the Dysart Unified School District Governing Board on December 11, 2019.
- Every student in all schools will be prepared with the knowledge and skills to achieve college and career success.
- Dysart Unified School District will recruit, train and retain a highly qualified staff to cultivate a culture of student success.
- The Dysart Unified School District culture will consistently be reflective of a safe and secure environment for all stakeholders.
- The Dysart Unified School District will identify and maximize available resources to support student success.
Goal A: Academics
Every student in all schools will be prepared with the knowledge and skills to achieve college and career success.
Goal B: Culture and Leadership
Dysart Unified School District will recruit, train and retain a highly qualified staff to cultivate a culture of student success.
Goal C: Safety
The Dysart Unified School District culture will consistently be reflective of a safe and secure environment for all stakeholders.
Goal D: Resources
The Dysart Unified School District will identify and maximize available resources to support student success.
1. Every school will be an A.
- Increase points on state formula (listed per school along with letter grade)
2. Students graduate with credits and/or certifications to be successful at the next level.
- 8th graders earning at least one HS credit
- ACT results 21 or above
- Graduates qualify for state universities
- Participate in at least one online class
- Complete the FAFSA
- Increase number of students in core honors courses earning a passing score
- Increase to 85% of students in high school math earning a passing grade
- Increase number of students earning college credit in dual enrollment courses
- Increase number of scores of 3 or higher on AP exams
- Increase number of students earning industry certifications
- Improve scores to at or above state average on Cambridge, SAT, and IB
- Increase of high school students at or above 2.8 GPA
- Increase or maintain attendance to 95%
- Decrease the suspension/expulsion rate to 4%
- Maintain 92% graduation rate or better
- State average or higher on AzM2 (new assessment) and AIMS Science
- Maintain a promotion rate of 97% or better
3. All athletic teams and arts performances as possible, will qualify in state level competitions/tournaments.
- Increase win:loss ratio
- Student participation increases
- Regional championships
- Teams into playoffs
- Program numbers increase at all levels (V, JV, Frosh)
4. All stakeholders will have an extraordinary experience.
- Stakeholder satisfaction surveys
- Employee recruitment and retention
- Establish baseline data from survey and focus groups related to level of satisfaction in the areas of communication, innovation, empowerment and ownership.
- Yearly completion and evaluation of EOP Conduct safety drills in compliance with state requirements
- Classroom doors locked at all times
- Participation in table top scenario exercises
- Yearly safety audits
- Monitoring, investigation, and follow through with all reporting systems, such as Dysart Safe, Safe Schools Hotline, Bullying Reports and written or verbal reports
- Yearly review of the Dysart Unified School District Discipline Matrix
- Annual ADE training requirement for all staff included in Dysart Essentials Quarter 2 course
5. Increase effective and efficient use of resources.
- Grow capital budget & revenues and continually seek revenue sources to maintain quality of schools and facilities
- Reduce turnaround routes to zero
- Reduce school bus inspection infractions over the previous year
- Mitigate increase operational costs through additional state, federal or grants for Food Service
- To increase student engagement by offering at least one Food Service special event at each school
- To complete preventative maintenance work orders within 6 business days 90 percent of the time
- To complete 75 percent of all work orders within 7 days
- Expand the contracted vendors offered to our users by 5% every year - whether that is through our own solicitations, written quotes, or cooperative contracts.