Access to Websites Requests
When requesting to unblock or block a website please follow these steps:
- Website must be approved by your site administrator or Curriculum Instruction department as an instructional resource or by your department director as a business resource.
- Do not use sites that require you to create accounts for students. Always confer with CI and your Principal prior to using such sites. Request to block a website with offensive content IMMEDIATELY by opening an IT work order.
- Submit a work order with the complete URL of the site. Example: www.google.com. Submitting just the name of the site will delay the process.
Questions to ask or research prior to requesting a site to be unblocked:
- Does this site contain inappropriate content such as nudity, advertisements, offensive language etc?
- Does this site require me to manually create student accounts?
- Does this site allow students to communicate with the nonDysart world and visa versa?
- Is there another site that is allowed by our filter that I can use to get similar content?
- Does this site have a direct connection with our adopted curriculum?
- Is this request for a teacher or students?
- Is this request for a temporary access or permanent one?