Traditional Signature Program
Freedom Traditional Academy (FTA) is a “school of choice” where the learning is accelerated and the instruction is back to basics. Students at FTA must meet expectations for grades, behavior, and attendance. All students will work one year above grade level in Saxon math and will have the opportunity to accelerate in language arts using Spalding methods based on student data. In addition, Spanish will be offered to all K-8 students and 8th grade students will have the opportunity to receive high school credit in math and Spanish.
FTA has a uniform policy, uses Character Counts for character education, and emphasizes patriotism and citizenship.
Since FTA is a “School of Choice, enrollment is determined by grades, behavior, and attendance criteria and will be reviewed every year in accordance with the Dysart Unified School District’s open enrollment policy.
- Math will be taught one grade level ahead using Saxon.
- 8th grade students will have the opportunity to earn high school credit in math.
- Spanish will be offered to K-8.
- 8th grade students will have the opportunity to earn high school credit in Spanish.
- All students will be offered acceleration in ELA based on student data.
- Orchestra and music will be offered from 5th to 8th grade.
- Music and Choir will be offered to Kinder through 4th.
- Arts will be infused into lessons for Kinder through 4th grade.
- FTA’s focus on providing a well-rounded educational experience in which students develop great citizenship will encompass all aspects of coaching and sportsmanship.