The 1 year Nursing Professions program prepares students to work in various healthcare industries such as in-home healthcare, hospitals, hospice, etc., while preparing students to take the National Certified Nursing Assistant Exam to receive their Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification. The program is a Senior level block format class which requires travel to complete clinical lab hours. This program is set up as a two period blocked class. Students will receive one full credit hour for completion of semester one. A second credit hour is awarded at the successful completion of semester two. A Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) can provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Duties performed might include assisting patients with feeding, bathing, dressing, checking on wounds to prevent infections, transporting patients, relaying patient information to doctors and nurses, changing linens and helping patients with basic daily living functions.
- Nursing Professions 1-2 & 3-4 (Year 1)
- Monday - Friday (1st and 2nd and 6th and 7th Hour blocked class)
- Clinical Site: Banner Hospital, Sun Health, Hospice of the Valley
- A total of two credits we be earned upon successful completion of this double-block, year-long program. Semester two enrollment is contingent on successful completion of semester one.
- OSHA 10 & CNA Certification Exams
ClubsHOSA provides students an opportunity to participate in a variety of opportunities, ranging from leadership, school and community service, and healthcare related competitions. Students are able to participate both in and out of the classroom, attend a variety of leadership training conferences, and compete at the regional, state, and international levels.
Careers in Nursing Professions
- $30,830 Average Annual Wage
- Career CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant
- Certified Caregiver
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) RN (Registered Nurse)
- NP (Nurse Practitioner
- Research and Teaching