Marketing prepares students for employment in various sales, customer service, advertising and promotion, and first-line supervisory positions in wholesale, retail, and service establishments. The program enables students to explore, understand, and apply marketing, management, and entrepreneurial principles. Included in the curriculum is a School Based Enterprise. Each campus has a student-run store where the students get hands on experience with all of these principles.
- Business & Marketing with Economic Application 1-2 (Year 1)
- Business & Marketing with Economic Application 3-4 (Year 2)
- Business & Marketing Specialization 5-6 Honors (Year 3)
- Business & Marketing Specialization 7-8 Honors and/or Marketing Internship (Year 4)
- NRF Foundation- RISE Up Certifications
DECA mission is to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Careers in Marketing
- $76,330 Average Annual Wage
- Marketing Specialist
- Market Research Analyst
- Advertising Executive
- Public Relations Manager
- Marketing Manager